Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer Vacation?

This is the time of year when families across America are going on vacation. With my current work schedule, I won't be going on vacation with my family. Aimee and the kids will be going to Utah for two weeks at the end of this month. I'm sure Aimee will take plenty of pictures of which I'll post here, but I have to admit I feel bummed that I won't get to go with my family to Utah. I knew when I got into "the business" that work schedules are unpredictable and there's no way to know when you'll have downtime, so I can't complain. Still, I think I'll miss Rachel and Allie kicking the back of my seat asking, "How much longer till we get there?". For now, I'll just have to pretend I'm Matthew Fox running around the beaches of Hawaii as I watch dailies as a new season of Lost begins shooting in two weeks. Many of you have asked if I know anything about what will happen on the show this season. All I can say is that I know nothing. I'm sure Damon and Carlton have another great season in store for all the fans as the show slowly comes to a conclusion. I'm excited to go back. I have to give props to the fantastic and talented people I've been working with this summer on 90210. I'll miss them when I leave next week. I hope the new 90210 is a hit and will be around for years to come. Jeff Judah and Gabe Sachs deserve a renewal, I hope the CW will be patient with it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain Lance as you watch your family go on vacation. Shauna and the kids were up in Oregon for a week and a half before I flew up to join them. I am thankful I atleast got to join them. I am making up for the many trips I didn't get to join them on while I was in the restaurants. Good luck on another season of Lost. Shauna and I are trying to figure out how we're going to watch all of our shows this fall, let's see, we have Lost, Greys Anatomy, 24, Prison Break, The Office, Heroes. Thank goodness for DVR but I still don't know how we'll manage to watch them all. Plus there's bound to be some new shows (90210) that we might be tempted to watch. And who says Americans watch too much TV. So how is LA adjusting to life with Manny? It's a good move, but I don't think it addresses their needs enough. Where do I sign up for Andruw Jones' job, he's got a rough life. Hope all is going well for you and your family. Take care.

Jake

Pyatt said...

Hey Guys...I wish you could go to Utah too. I hope Aimee and the kids have fun!! Good luck with work...