Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Southland Is Burning!

What a couple of crazy weeks! We have a new President-elect, Proposition 8 passed, and now the Inland Empire is in flames. The picture on the left pretty much shows what the skies of Los Angeles have looked like. What's next? Oh yeah, we're way, way behind schedule at Lost which means I'm working every weekend which then means I see very little of my family. I hope we'll be able to catch up enough this upcoming week so that we won't have to work again next weekend. We'll see what this week brings us. I have to say I'm not surprised at the angry backlash at the passing of Prop. 8. Last Sunday was very tense in our Stake as our Stake President was nervous about potential disruptions of meetings because of demonstrators marching around the perimeter of the temple grounds. Our chapel is adjacent to the Los Angeles Temple so President Bragg assigned various High Council members and others to patrol the parking lot to make sure no one tried to cause trouble. I think prayers were answered because we haven't experienced any disruptions, although we still have to keep an eye out until the emotions of this vote simmer down a bit. It's an emotional issue no doubt and they have every right to protest. Now we just have to wait and see what happens with the various lawsuits against Prop. 8.

No comments: